If you want to be truly happy, you must live authentically every day.
For many, it isn’t easy to understand what living authentically means. The definition of authentic is genuine, not false. Therefore you must be your true self and not try to mimic someone else.
The following are traits of a person who lives authentically:
1. They live honestly and with integrity. This means they do not try to lie, deceive, cheat or manipulate. When someone does this, they surround themselves in a shadow of darkness and repel others. A person who lives and acts with pure and honest intentions shines.
2. They use their talents in the service of others. While they can make money using their skills, they do not forget about those in need. They give back and help anyone who truly needs and accepts their help.
3. They find joy in living and are positive people. This doesn’t mean they don’t get sad or hurt. It just means they try to focus on the positive and not dwell on the negative.
4. They continue to learn and grow, looking for opportunities to expand their knowledge. Often they will strive for excellence and take joy in knowing they did their very best.
5. They accept and love themselves for who they are. Many people look for others to validate themselves, but people living authentically don’t need that. They know who they are and accept themselves. This allows them also to love and be accepting of others. They do not put on an act and try to pretend to be someone they are not. What you see is what you get.
6. Typically they are humble people and don’t look for recognition or praise. Not that they don’t enjoy it when it is given genuinely, they just don’t depend on it to validate themselves.
7. Authentic people stick to their beliefs and morals. They don’t get lost in chasing a perfect image or having the best of everything. It is understood that joy does not come from material things. Instead, it comes from inside ourselves.
8. When you live authentically, you are in control of your life. You reach your goals and are not afraid to reach further once they have been attained.
9. Authentic people are compassionate and kind. They will lend an ear when you need it and help if requested. If someone is alone, they will reach out to them to make sure they feel included and are not left out.
10. They quickly recognize people who are not genuine. People who are aligned with their true purpose in life are easy to spot, and those who are not stand out in a different way.
The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop trying to be someone you aren’t. You will be much happier when you live authentically every day.
Free inspirational or motivational posts can be found on the inspirational page of Leslie’s website.